A while ago I posted seven things about me. On my way to 100. Jackie just did an eight things meme. So I’m gonna be a judy joiner and add 8 more things to my list.
8. I’ve only been knitting since January of 2005. So four years total. But it was one of the things that once I got it, I got it. I tackled technique after technique with astonishing speed, and now I think I knit at least some every single day.
9. I have port wine stains on the bottom of my feet. When I was a child I was very self-conscious about them. But no one really notices them except for the pedicurist. When I was pregnant I was worried the boys would end up with them, and I had nightmares about them having them on their faces. But they don’t.
10. I have tons, no really tons of freckles. I have odd skin. My mom’s family is all European/peasant type stuff – Irish, German, English, Scottish. She comes from a long-line of redheads and has even more freckles than me. My dad’s family is mostly Native American & German. I get my hair (the strength, texture, etc.) from his side of the family. When I was younger I tanned very easily. Now I burn and I freckle. Across my face, all over my arms. You couldn’t count all these freckles.
11. I’ve only lived in three states. Ohio – where I grew up, and spent the 10 years before I moved here. Florida, where I’ve been for nearly five years. And Nebraska. A pox on Nebraska. Two of the worst years of my life. But I made some good friends there. Let’s not talk about Nebraska anymore, m’kay?
12. I am a human calculator. Most days. I do the “what is the absolute best deal on the diet pepsi math” in my head. Whenever I hear strings of numbers I start to add them up. I can do math in my head that a lot of people I know can’t do with pencil and paper.
13. My very first job was in a Chinese take-out place. I ran the counter, and the cooks in the back taught me how to stir-fry and make won-tons. I don’t remember the name of the place, but I loved the crispy noodles!
14. I messed up college the first time. I had a full-ride scholarship, but I fell in love and I blew it. Blew it like nobody’s business. And then I moved to Nebraska. Ouch! How did we get there again? I messed up so bad, I’ve spent this 2nd time around re-taking classes just so I can get my GPA back on the scale!
15. I like people. I probably like you. No, really. I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt (see no. 7) and I make friends easily. I just like people. I wish people would stop disappointing me, but I can’t let go of the idea that most people are good. They have to be.
I really don’t like tagging. So I’m gonna copy Jackie (again!) and list eight bloggers (besides her) that I love to read. So click away and meet a new friend!